Dear Maple Leaf Veterinary Care Center Clients,
Many communities are struggling with the very real impacts of the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and our hearts go out to those that have felt the effects directly. We all look forward to a time when we are on the other side of this outbreak and life can return to normal. Until then, our hospital and all its team members will work actively to mitigate the spread of the virus as we place utmost importance on the health of our employees and the public we serve.
Your visits with us will likely look different for the foreseeable future and we’d like to take a moment to describe some of the changes you will see going forward. Additionally, we have instructed team members to stay at home if sick or living with others who are sick with flu-like symptoms (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath). We are also cleaning and disinfecting surfaces even more frequently. To date, our employees have had no known exposure to the COVID-19 virus. What follows are some additional measures we ask that you follow to help reduce the chances of coronavirus spread. It is possible that further actions may be necessary as circumstances change.
1. If you are sick, have been exposed to someone sick with flu-like symptoms or have tested positive for human coronavirus please be certain to NOT enter the building. We will gladly reschedule your visit.
2. At this time we are asking clients to not enter the hospital except under extraordinary circumstances. In the event you are allowed inside, please practice social distancing by maintaining six feet of separation between yourself and others.
3. Have only one family member accompany your pet during the visit.
4. We are currently asking that you call from our parking lot or outside the hospital when you arrive and allow us to gather your pet and escort it inside while you wait outside. We will likely use one of our own leashes for the visit inside. If there are special circumstances where we have you enter the hospital with your pet we may collect a history and examine and treat your pet in our treatment area while you wait outside or in an exam room. A review of findings and planned treatment along with the check out process will be conducted over the telephone.
5. Any medications or food may also be paid in advance over the phone. Please call us at least two hours in advance so that we may have your items ready. We will gladly carry items to you outside while you wait in your vehicle if you call us upon your arrival.
Remember that there is no evidence that pets become ill or transmit the human COVID-19 virus though it is still recommended that if you are potentially sick to wash your hands before and after interacting with your pet and consider wearing a mask.
Please watch our website or facebook page for further updates. Our ability to offer some routine procedures may soon become more limited depending on emerging circumstances. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation and appreciate your trust in allowing us to partner with you in providing medical care for your pet. We also hope that all members of our community stay healthy and are thoughts will be with those that are directly affected.
Maple Leaf Veterinary Care Center Team